This tour is operated by our partner Abraham Tours.
Every year, millions of people visit Israel to experience the world-famous Dead Sea, historical Masada fortress, and extraordinary Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. The Abraham Tours team transports you to each destination for an entirely carefree self-guided tour, with easy pick-up and dropoff and informative materials including a cool app with loads of content, and experienced drivers who will keep you entertained along the way.
You'll begin at the foot of Masada on a moderate 45-minute hike to the top via the Western entrance, where you’ll watch the sun emerge over the mountains providing a stunning view of the Dead Sea and desert below. At the top, you’ll have time to relax and take in the view, as well as explore the archaeological ruins of the castle built by King Herod in 30 BCE, the setting of the courageous story of Masada where Jewish rebels took their own lives rather than fall into the hands of the advancing Roman armies.
For your next adventure, Abraham Tours will drive you to Ein Gedi, a vibrant desert oasis where you can leisurely hike or take a refreshing dip in one the various streams, natural pools and springs. You may possibly encounter friendly mountain goats and other animals among the vegetation!
The last leg of the tour is at the lowest point on Earth, the Dead Sea, where you’ll float in the salty waters, cover yourself in rejuvenating mud, and relax before returning to Tel Aviv between 13:00-14:30.
For many travelers, this experience is the highlight of their trip to Israel!
- This tour does not have a guide, but rather a professional driver with printed and app based materials for each site.
- Masada entrance (29 NIS), and Ein Gedi entrance (29 NIS) are not included
- Bring passport
- Bring bathing suit and towel
- Packed meals recommended (Breakfast, lunch, snacks & drinks are not included)
- Hat and sunscreen recommended
- Walking shoes recommended
*In the unlikely event there is a flooding at Ein Gedi, the tour will go to Qumran instead (a similar location)
- Tel Aviv Yaffo
This full-day tour with early-morning departure takes you to the historical Masada fortress, Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, and Dead Sea with unforgettable experiences including:
- Climbing Masada’s famous Snake-Path
- Taking in the breathtaking sunrise illuminating the still Dead Sea and Jordanian mountains
- Hiking the gorgeous Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, a unique desert oasis
- Floating in the Dead Sea and immersing yourself in therapeutic mud
...and much more!